Go Electric! Expo
Join us for a free Go Electric! Expo at our office on Tuesday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Enjoy food from the local Cheese N Chong food truck as you drive, try, and learn about electric vehicles and tools! Come when you can and stay as long as you like. Please sign up below if you would like to test drive or take a ride in an electric vehicle.
|Date||Tuesday, October 12th|
|Time||11 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Location||Butler Rural Electric Cooperative's Office
3888 Stillwell Beckett Road
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Win $100! Members who stop by the event can sign up to win a $100 bill credit and other door prizes!
This is a rain or shine event. We're hopeful this outdoor expo will take place, but it could be modified or canceled because of changing COVID-19 limitations. Check back here for the most up-to-date information.
The expo will include:
- Ride & Drive- Test-drive a variety of electric vehicles, like a Chevrolet Bolt and various Tesla models. Click here to schedule an electric vehicle test drive (or ride).
- Vendors- Local vendors will be on-site to discuss and answer questions about a variety of electric technologies, including lawn mowers, geothermal systems and much more.
- Cooperative Programs & Rebates- Find out about the numerous programs and rebates available for members.
- Cooking Demonstrations- Food blogger Jennifer Osterholdt will prepare crockpot peanut clusters, slow cooker pulled pork, air fryer broccoli, and Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs.
- Food- Purchase gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and soups from Cheese N Chong food truck.
Why "Go Electric!"?
- Electricity is becoming cleaner and more renewable every day and can save you money on your energy costs over time.
- Going electric can lower costs, helps the environment, and improves quality of life in our community.
- Small steps to advance the electrification and efficiency of your home can protect the environment.
Did you know?
- Owning an electric vehicle can save you over $800 in annual maintenance.
- Switching your lawn mower and yard equipment to electric will eliminate exhaust fumes, excessive noise, and the gas can.
- Replacing your aging HVAC system with an electric heat pump can save you nearly $1,000 per year on your heating and cooling bills.
For more information about electric vehicles (EVs), click here.
This animated video introduces and explains the concept of Beneficial Electrification. The electric grid is getting greener and every electric end use is getting greener right along with it. As the carbon intensity of every kilowatt-hour goes down, the carbon footprint of every electric end use (water heater, heat pump, etc.) goes down as well. An electric water heater or heat pump installed today will become increasingly greener with each passing day. As the benefits of choosing electric technology increases, there are many opportunities to use electricity to further improve the lives of consumers, save money and improve the environment.