How to Apply for a Community Connection Grant
The maximum grant amount is $5,000. However, no request is too small. You may have additional pages with the application. Please do not exceed five pages. Please provide six copies of the application and any supporting material (up to five pages total).
- Include a list of the itemized costs for the project. A portion of the amount requested may be awarded if the Community Connection board of trustees choose not to fund the entire grant.
- If you are requesting a specific type of equipment, include a picture or description of the item. Many groups include advertisements from vendors that list the price and description of the item they need. This will not commit you to a specific vendor.
- Grants for Apple devices must be purchased by your organization or grant recipient. Butler Rural Community Connection will directly reimburse your organization or the purchaser.
- The Community Connection board of trustees reviews all applications.
- Funds are awarded in September and March of each year. The meeting date is posted on the cooperative's website as soon as it is decided. You will be contacted by letter after the meeting. The grant winners are also posted on the cooperative's website.
The Community Connection application deadline for grants awarded this fall is August 31. Community Connection board members will meet on September 16 at 9:30 a.m. to choose grant recipients.
The Community Connection application deadline for grants awarded in the spring is February 26, 2021. The Community Connection Board of Trustees will meet on March 17, 2021 to choose grant recipients.
Community Connection applications have recently been updated. Please use one of the applications below to submit grant requests.
Click here for a Community Connection application for fire departments and emergency management services.
Click here for a Community Connection application for non-profit organizations.
Click here for a Community Connection application for schools.
Questions about Community Connection can be directed to:
Lisa Staggs Herrmann, Director of Member and Community Relations